With the release of the Oklahoma State 2017 complete football schedule last week, we take a look at the ranking of each game by toughness.
With the announcement of star quarterback and wide receiver duo Mason Rudolph and James Washington likely returning for their senior seasons, the 2017 season looks a lot more exciting for the Pokes. Moreover, it is the first time since 2011 that the Cowboys do not have a single FCS team on the schedule. It should be a fun season to watch for OK State fans.
Now we are looking at all the games on the schedule for the Cowboys and how each one of them stacks up by projected toughness and overall significance.
More from Pokes Post
- Oklahoma State basketball: Cowboys ranked No. 23 in preseason poll
- Oklahoma State football: Three keys to a Cowboys victory vs. Texas
- Oklahoma State football: Have Cowboys lost a step vs. Texas?
- Oklahoma State football: Defense leads the way to victory vs. Baylor
- Oklahoma State football: Numbers to know for Kansas State game
There are a few key changes to the lineup of games in 2017. First, the Big 12 announced that they will be adding a conference championship game despite not expanding to 12 or 14 teams. Furthermore, the annual Bedlam game against the Oklahoma Sooners was moved to Nov. 4, likely because of the last two meetings between OU and OSU being a de facto Big 12 title game.
The games will be ranked by a few factors including projected toughness of the opponent, whether it is a home or road game, projected significance of the specific matchup at that point in the season, and level of rivalry between the two teams.