Oklahoma State landed a commitment from 2017 juco prospect Patrick Macon over the weekend. 247sports ranks Macon as a three-star prospect. A 6-foot-3 235 pound inside linebacker from Arizona Western College, Macon chose the Cowboys over Utah State and San Diego State. The commitment comes just a week after Coach Gundy visited Macon in Arizona. Macon made his verbal commitment via Twitter Sunday morning.
More from Big 12
- What needs to happen for Oklahoma State football to play for Big 12 title
- Getting to know the Big 12 Conference’s four new members
- Oklahoma St. basketball: What does Avery Anderson’s return mean?
- Oklahoma State football: Top 3 Prospects for 2022 NFL Draft
- Big 12 Football: Is 2021 its worst NFL Draft showing ever?
Mike Gundy adds his 21st commitment in the class of 2017, which ranks 28th nationally and 2nd in the big 12 according to 247sports. On film Macon comes off as an relentlessly aggressive linebacker who trusts his instincts and plays fast. With starting inside linebacker Devante Averette graduating, Macon’s pledge adds depth to what will be one of the Cowboys’ thinner position groups in 2017. You can follow Macon on Twitter here: @OneOfAKind_44.